Blue construction paper
Red construction paper
White construction paper
Black construction paper
Yellow construction paper
Green construction paper
1. Taking a trip down the bannister is easy when your scout elf makes this snazzy tissue boxcar! To start, your elf will wrap a tissue box in blue construction paper, using scissors to maintain the hole in the box opening.
2. Next, your elf will cut four strips out of red paper that are approximately 2 inches wide. Each strip of paper should fit along one side of the tissue box. Using a glue, your elf will attach the strips of paper along the corresponding sides of the tissue box.
3. In the middle of each red stripe, your elf will attach a white stripe that’s approximately ½ inch wide.
4. To create the wheels, your elf will cut three different color circles to create each wheel: a black one approximately 3 inches in diameter, a white circle approximately 1 ½ inches in diameter, and a green circle that is approximately ¾ inches in diameter.
5. After drawing red stripes across the white circle, your elf will use glue to attach the circles to one another, largest to smallest.
6. Your elf will use glue to attach two wheels to each of the longest sides of the box.
7. To create the lights, your scout elf will cut two circles out of yellow construction paper that are approximately 1 ½ inches in diameter and attach them to the front of the boxcar with glue.
8. As a finishing touch, your elf will create a license plate by gluing a piece of white construction paper that is 1 inch by 1 ½ inches to a piece of green construction paper that is 1 ½ inches by 2 ½ inches.
9. Your elf will use tape to attach his or her new mode of transportation to the bannister for a smooth ride!