- ★ Tissue box
- ★ Blue construction paper
- ★ Red construction paper
- ★ White construction paper
- ★ Black construction paper
- ★ Yellow construction paper
- ★ Green construction paper
- ★ Red marker
- ★ Glue
- ★ Tape
- ★ Scissors
- Taking a trip down the bannister is easy when your Scout Elf makes this snazzy tissue boxcar! To start, your elf will wrap a tissue box in blue construction paper, using scissors to maintain the hole in the box opening.
- Next, your elf will cut four strips out of red paper that are approximately 2 inches wide. Each strip of paper should fit along one side of the tissue box. Using a glue, your elf will attach the strips of paper along the corresponding sides of the tissue box.
- In the middle of each red stripe, your elf will attach a white stripe that’s approximately ½ inch wide.
- To create the wheels, your elf will cut three different color circles to create each wheel: a black one approximately 3 inches in diameter, a white circle approximately 1 ½ inches in diameter, and a green circle that is approximately ¾ inches in diameter.
- After drawing red stripes across the white circle, your elf will use glue to attach the circles to one another, largest to smallest.
- Your elf will use glue to attach two wheels to each of the longest sides of the box.
- To create the lights, your Scout Elf will cut two circles out of yellow construction paper that are approximately 1 ½ inches in diameter and attach them to the front of the boxcar with glue.
- As a finishing touch, your elf will create a license plate by gluing a piece of white construction paper that is 1 inch by 1 ½ inches to a piece of green construction paper that is 1 ½ inches by 2 ½ inches.
- Your elf will use tape to attach his or her new mode of transportation to the bannister for a smooth ride!
For a quicker Bannister Boxcar solution, get the printable!