- ★ Flat cookies
- ★ Icing
- ★ Large marshmallows
- ★ Mini marshmallows
- ★ Baking chocolate
- ★ Mini candy canes
- ★ Knife
- ★ Heart candies (optional)
Your Scout Elf will celebrate his or her love of cocoa in a new way today with these marshmallowy, chocolatey cookies that look just like a mug of hot chocolate! To make these cookies your elf will:
- Start by laying out the flat cookies of their choosing, and spreading icing on them (this is what your elf will use to hold the other ingredients in place!)
- Once the icing is spread, your elf will press a large marshmallow firmly onto the cookie.
- Next, your elf will take the baking chocolate and melt it according to the package instructions. After letting it cool for a couple of minutes, your elf will carefully spoon the chocolate on the top of each marshmallow.
- While the chocolate is still warm, your elf will stick mini marshmallows on top of the chocolate.
- To create the handle, your elf will use a knife to cut off the curved part of a mini candy cane, and stick it into the side of the marshmallow.
- As a final finishing touch, your Scout Elf will add a heart candy to the front of each cookie to show you how much he or she loves hot cocoa—and your family!