- Cone-shaped bags
- Hot cocoa mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Googly eyes
- Red pom-poms
- Rubber bands
- Brown pipe cleaners
- White heat-safe mugs
- Oil-based permanent paint pens
- Use paint pens to draw fun faces and designs on mugs for each of your family members.
- Put the mugs in the oven and turn it on to 350 degrees (your Scout Elf makes sure not to preheat the oven!)
- Bake the mugs for 30 minutes and then turn the oven off, leaving the mugs inside to cool for a couple of hours.
- As the mugs are cooling, your Scout Elf will start on the hot cocoa cones.
- First, your elf will fill each bag about halfway with hot cocoa mix, and top it off with a handful of mini marshmallows.
- Your elf will close the bag with a rubber band, and wrap one long brown pipe cleaner around the rubber band, letting the pipe cleaner stick out horizontally.
- Your elf will then cut one brown pipe cleaner to create two, inch-long pieces of pipe cleaner to wrap around the ends of each long pipe cleaner, creating antlers.
- Using glue, your elf will attach googly eyes and pom-poms to the front of each hot cocoa cone, so that they look like reindeer.
- After the mugs have cooled, your elf will sit them on the counter and put one hot cocoa cone in each of them and wait for you to find them!