Hot cocoa mix
Brown pipe cleaners
White heat-safe mugs
Oil-based permanent paint pens
1. Your scout elf wants you to enjoy a fine wintertime drink; that’s why your elf will leave all the fine fixings for hot cocoa on the kitchen counter! 2. To create the festive mugs, your elf will:
3. Use paint pens to draw fun faces and designs on mugs for each of your family members.
4. Put the mugs in the oven and turn it on to 350 degrees (your scout elf makes sure not to preheat the oven!)
5. Bake the mugs for 30 minutes and then turn the oven off, leaving the mugs inside to cool for a couple of hours.
6. As the mugs are cooling, your scout elf will start on the hot cocoa cones.
7. First, your elf will fill each bag about halfway with hot cocoa mix, and top it off with a handful of mini marshmallows.
8. Your elf will close the bag with a rubber band, and wrap one long brown pipe cleaner around the rubber band, letting the pipe cleaner stick out horizontally.
9. Your elf will then cut one brown pipe cleaner to create two, inch-long pieces of pipe cleaner to wrap around the ends of each long pipe cleaner, creating antlers.
10. Using glue, your elf will attach googly eyes and pom-poms to the front of each hot cocoa cone, so that they look like reindeer.
11. After the mugs have cooled, your elf will sit them on the counter and put one hot cocoa cone in each of them and wait for you to find them!