- ★ Sugar cones
- ★ Chocolate chips or icing
- ★ Candy truffles
- ★ Sprinkles
- ★ Zipper storage bag
- ★ Scissors
- ★ Knife
Vanilla, chocolate, Rocky Road—Scout Elves can never have too much ice cream!
- Scout Elves love to make petite versions of ice cream cones by cutting off the bottom 2 ¼” of a normal-sized sugar cone.
- Then, in a small bowl, your elf melts about 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. In the microwave, melting the chocolate takes about 45 seconds. To prevent burning, your elf stirs the chocolate halfway through the cooking time.
- Using a spoon, your elf spreads some of the melted chocolate onto the bottom of a round candy truffle and places the truffle on top of the piece of sugar cone.
- To make sure the chocolate holds the truffle and the cone together, your elf places the mini ice cream cone in the freezer until the connection is solid.
- To create the chocolate ice cream cone topping, your elf repeats step two. This time, the melted chocolate is transferred into a zipper storage bag.
- To create a make shift piping bag, your elf cuts a corner off of the zipper storage bag and begins drizzling the chocolate on top of the truffle.
- Sprinkles are the perfect topping for this mini treat!