Chocolate chips or icing
Zipper storage bag
Vanilla, chocolate, Rocky Road—scout elves can never have too much ice cream!
1. Scout Elves love to make petite versions of ice cream cones by cutting off the bottom 2 ¼” of a normal-sized sugar cone.
2. Then, in a small bowl, your elf melts about 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. In the microwave, melting the chocolate takes about 45 seconds. To prevent burning, your elf stirs the chocolate halfway through the cooking time.
3. Using a spoon, your elf spreads some of the melted chocolate onto the bottom of a round candy truffle and places the truffle on top of the piece of sugar cone.
4. To make sure the chocolate holds the truffle and the cone together, your elf places the mini ice cream cone in the freezer until the connection is solid.
5. To create the chocolate ice cream cone topping, your elf repeats step two. This time, the melted chocolate is transferred into a zipper storage bag.
6. To create a make shift piping bag, your elf cuts a corner off of the zipper storage bag and begins drizzling the chocolate on top of the truffle. 7. 7. Sprinkles are the perfect topping for this mini treat!