Ice, Ice Baby
- Styrofoam dome (12 inches tall)
- Craft foam or board (20 inches by 20 inches)
- Butter knife
- Marshmallows (2 large bags, regular size)
- Marshmallow fluff (12 ounces)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut (16-20 ounces)
- Your elf can create this marshmallow igloo by cutting an entry hole, approximately 3.5 inches by 3.5 inches in the Styrofoam dome with scissors.
- Next, using a pair of scissors, elves cut the marshmallows in half lengthwise. Using the marshmallow fluff, the elves secure each marshmallow to the dome. Marshmallows touch, but do not overlap.
- A second layer of marshmallows will go on top of the first layer. The edges will be scattered in a basic brick pattern. Your elf may add up to three layers!
- To make the entry tunnel, elves create six stacks of marshmallows, each with two marshmallows on top of each other, secured with marshmallow fluff. Use toothpicks as needed to reinforce. Three stacks are placed beside each other facing the other three marshmallow stacks, which are about 2.5 inches away.
- Elves use loose marshmallows to create an arch between the stacks of marshmallows, securing each one in place with marshmallow fluff—they also use toothpicks for extra support!
- After your Scout Elf puts the entry tunnel in front of the hole he or she created in the dome, your elf hunkers down and decorates around the igloo with unsweetened shredded coconut—a yummy alternative to real snow!