North Pole Barnyard
- Mini pretzel sticks
- Pretzel rods
- Shaved coconut (unsweetened)
- Your Scout Elf will create a North Pole-inspired stable scene fit for his Elf Pets® Reindeer friend! For this feat, your Scout Elf will gather a bag of mini pretzel sticks and get to work crafting the perfect pen for their reindeer counterpart.
- To start, your elf will cover a countertop with shaved coconut “snow.”
- Using the mini pretzels, your elf will build a fence that is held together with icing. For extra stability, your elf also uses dabs of icing along the counter to help the fence stand up on its own.
- With pretzel rods, your elf will create a small three-sided stable that resembles a log cabin. For each side, your elf will stack approximately 12 pretzel rods on top of each other horizontally, securing each layer with an evenly spread layer of icing.
- Each side of the stable is secured to the countertop with icing, too.
- To create the roof of the stable, your elf will use four pretzel rods that are secured to the top of the two facing walls of the stable with icing.
- Those pretzel rods will then be leaned against each other in a triangle shape. Your elf will use more icing where the pretzels touch to create a sturdy stable roof.
- A final dusting of coconut “snow” will help finish off this elf-created polar pen.