Merry Mini Shrinking Machine
Did you know your Scout Elf is a genius inventor, thanks to elf-size magic? Yes, they have created a special machine to reduce cookies to the perfect elf size! Before your family goes to bed, place a variety of colorful cookies on a decorative plate. The next morning, you’ll discover the wonder of Scout Elf innovation—cookies magically transformed to miniature bite sizes.
- Color printer
- Card stock
- Merry Mini Shrinking Machine printable
- Double-sided tape
- Low-tack decorative tape from Scout Elves at Play® Stick Quick or other decorative sticky tape
- Craft sticks
- Assortment of cookies and matching elf-size cookies
- Your elf will print and cut out the Merry Mini Shrinking Machine printable and fold along all dotted lines.
- Next, your elf will fold over flap A and align with the opposite striped side to form a cube.
- Your elf will fold in flaps B, C, D and E.
- To complete the cube, your elf will fold in flaps F and G, securing with tape, and will then fold in flaps H and I, securing with tape.
- Your elf will create a conveyor belt by tearing off and attaching low-tack decorative tape to three craft sticks—two to support the large treats and one to support the small treats—and then placing them on either side of the machine.
- Now, the machine is ready to start production! As finishing touches, your elf will place large cookies on the left of the machine and elf-size cookies to the right. Helpful hint: mini-size versions of conventionally sized cookies are readily available on store shelves.