Just in time for a lovely Valentine's Day, the Scout Elves are showing off their decadently decorated heart-shaped sweets! To give their Valentine's Day cookies a unique North Pole flair, the elves added icy blue frosting into the mix, and paired it with the traditional colors of Cupid's holiday: red and pink. Top your very own Valentine's Day cookies with frosting, icing and sprinkles by using the Scout Elves' easy decorating tips below!
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
- Sugar cookie dough
- White icing
- Blue food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Piping bags or bottle (to draw on the cookies)
- USE cookie cutters to make hearts in a variety of shapes and silhouettes from your favorite sugar cookie dough recipe.
- BAKE the heart-shaped cookies according to the recipe.
- As the cookies bake, SEPARATE white icing into three separate containers. Use red food coloring to create red icing, as well as pink icing. In the third container, add blue food coloring until you get a desired color of icy North Pole blue.
- DECORATE the Valentine's Day cookies using a combination of methods that combine sprinkles, frosting and decorative touches! (Helpful hint: try different color combinations to create cookies with a lot of visual flair, or even stack cookies to create "sandwiches.")
- To create the cookies shown in these photos,FROST the bases of the cookies in varying colors. (Helpful hint: heating the frosting in the microwave for approximately 10 seconds prior to applying to the cookies will allow for more flawless spreading and give cookies a glossy texture.)
- Next, load different colors of icing into bottles to DRAW lines, dots and other designs on the cookies.
- On some of the cookies, add SPRINKLES to give the cookies a sparkly finish.
- After you add all the decorations, ENJOY these cookies with the ones you love most!
The Scout Elves have the perfect drink to go with their Valentine’s Day Cookies: their exclusive Valentine’s Day Sweetheart Float!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.