Just in time for Thanksgiving, the Scout Elves created a sweet version of everyone’s favorite Thanksgiving centerpiece—the turkey! Featuring layers of chocolate and decorated with cheery candy corns, these turkey cookies are so good you’ll want to gobble them right up!
- ★ Chocolate sandwich cookies (extra stuffed)
- ★ Candy corn
- ★ Peanut butter cup candies
- ★ Malted milk ball candies
- ★ Chocolate frosting
- ★ Tube of yellow frosting with fine tip
- ★ Tube of black icing with fine tip
- ★ Tube of orange frosting with fine tip
- ★ Tube of red frosting with fine tip
- ★ Knife
- STICK five pieces of candy corn, point-side down, into the middle of an extra stuffed chocolate sandwich cookie (to resemble turkey feathers). Secure with extra frosting if necessary.
- PLACE another sandwich cookie flat to create a base, and place a large dab of chocolate frosting on one side of it. Attach the first cookie to the frosting so that the candy corn is pointing up. (Helpful hint: Rest the “candy corn cookie” against a wall and wait for the frosting to harden before moving onto the next step.)
- While you’re waiting for the frosting to harden, use a knife to TRIM a small portion off the rounded side of a peanut butter cup to create a flat surface.
- Once the frosting has hardened, ATTACH the peanut butter cup to the candy corn cookie and the base cookie with two dabs of chocolate frosting.
- ATTACH the malted milk ball to the top of the peanut butter cup with two dabs of frosting.
- Use yellow frosting to DRAW eyes and feet on your turkey cookie. Add a touch of black icing to the middle of the yellow icing to finish the eyes.
- CUT the white tip off a piece of candy corn to create a beak and attach it to the cookie using orange icing.
- Use red frosting to DRAW on the turkey’s wattle (the red part under the beak).
- Let all the frosting harden, then ENJOY!
Looking for more fun recipes? Check out all of the Scout Elves' tasty ideas in Mrs. Claus' Sweet Treats!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.