All eyes are on Rio de Janeiro this month as athletes from around the globe gather to compete! To celebrate the host country of Brazil, the Scout Elves have created their own recipe for a tasty Brazilian treat known as brigadeiros, a.k.a. chocolate truffles! In Brazil, these scrumptious sweets are often served for birthdays, but they are great to indulge in for any occasion!
- ★ 1 can condensed milk
- ★ ¼ cup cocoa
- ★ 2 tbsp. salted butter
- ★ 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ★ Tall microwave-safe bowl
- ★ Whisk
- ★ Sprinkles (or any other toppings of your choosing!)
Makes approximately 15–30 truffles
- In a tall microwave-safe bowl, WHISK together the condensed milk and cocoa powder.
- CUT the butter into small chunks and put them in the bowl.
- MICROWAVE for three minutes.
- STIR the mixture with a whisk until it is smooth.
- MICROWAVE for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and WHISK in the vanilla extract.
- Evenly SPREAD the mixture in a flat-bottomed dish.
- REFRIGERATE for two hours.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge, and using lightly greased hands, ROLL 1 ½ teaspoons of the mix into a ball. Repeat.
- Roll each truffle through the toppings of choice and SERVE in candy wrappers.
Still looking to satisfy your sweet tooth? See what else is cooking in Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.