Set the stage for your Halloween celebrations with a gingerbread house that’s a bit creepier than most! The Scout Elves used their creativity to reimagine this common piece of Christmas décor as a table centerpiece just for All Hallow’s Eve by adding touches of spooky and sweet flair. Gather your own pint-sized plastic spiders, bitty broomsticks and small skeletons to create a half-pint haunted house that’s as creepy as it is cute!
- Gingerbread kit
- Black foam core board
- Black icing
- Orange icing
- Green Icing
- Knife (to spread icing)
- Piping bag
- Orange and black sprinkles
- Miniature Halloween decorations
- ASSEMBLE the gingerbread house according to the instructions on the package, and place it atop the piece of foam core. Helpful hint: To keep your house from moving, try using icing to secure it to the foam core.
- OUTLINE each window and door of the house in black icing, and use a piping bag with a decorative nozzle to create a festive orange roof trim.
- Next, FILL-IN the roof with black icing, and put orange sprinkles on top for a pop of color.
- When the black icing is dry, DRAW a spider web in green icing, and place a spooky store-bought spider figurine on top.
- Before you put the green icing away, CREATE "grass" over top of the foam core board the house sits on.
- ADD miniature store-bought Halloween decorations on and around the house. The Scout Elves used icing to affix a tiny "Happy Halloween" sign to the front of their house, and they added a ghost, pumpkins and sign out front to complete their spooky Halloween gingerbread house.
- Once all the finishing touches are put on your Halloween gingerbread house, DISPLAY it on a table to impress guests with your creativity!
While you're prepping for Halloween, check out how the Scout Elves celebrate Halloween at the North Pole!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.