This Friday marks Siblings Day, a time for brothers and sisters to honor their special bond! As advocates of friendship and family moments, the Scout Elves are especially excited for this exceptional day. Moms, you can help your kids celebrate this feel-good holiday by supplying them each with their own Sibling Connection Kit, which they will use to create a fun-filled day focused on spending time with one another. Once you’ve created the kits and given them to your children, sit back and watch as they use the contents of the kits to seize Siblings Day!
Begin by grabbing an inexpensive container in which to stash all of the contents listed below. For an extra special touch, personalize the containers with each child’s name using a permanent marker or paint pen.
Items to Include:
- Markers, construction paper and other art supplies: Challenge your children to create a masterpiece that they can dedicate to their special sibling! Drawing pictures of each other is another fun way for kids to exercise their artistic skills while still keeping the focus on their brother or sister.
- Books: Pick out some of your children’s favorite books and ask each child to read a story aloud to their sibling. Too young to read? No problem! Siblings can still flip through the pages of picture books together and pick out their favorite illustrations. Using the art supplies in the kit, your kids could write and illustrate stories about each other, too!
- Bubble Solution: Fun and simple activities like blowing bubbles are the perfect pastime for children of all ages. Sit back and smile as your kids have a blast engaging in this simple activity together.
- Disposable camera: Throughout the day, encourage your kids to snap pictures of one another enjoying each activity using a disposable camera. The pictures taken from their perspectives are sure to be priceless once developed!
- Photo Album: A photo album will be the perfect place to store all the wonderful moments your children capture with their disposable cameras. Kids will be able to flip through the albums for years to come and remember the special day they spent together.
Once your children have completed the activities in their Sibling Connection Kits, be sure to print and fill out the Scout Elves’ special Super Sibling Certificate for each of them. This will certainly solidify their status as a world-class brother or sister!