For inspiration to create innovative ideas, your Scout Elf needs to look no further than the items you already have in your home! With their active imaginations and enterprising spirit, the Scout Elves know just how to put everyday items to use when creating fun ideas..
- ★ A plastic or glass container
- ★ Decorations (click buttons below to see what the Scout Elves used for each of their gardens)
- ★ Plants (fake or real work great!)
- START by placing a bottom layer in the container. This could be rocks, soil, fake snow, or anything else that will set the stage for the type of garden you’ve chosen!
- If using real plants, PLACE the base of the flower into the garden and bury in soil. Helpful hint: when using real plants, be sure to include a layer of rocks before the soil so you are able to effectively water your plants.
- PLACE the mini decorations and figurines throughout the create a mini world of fun!
Click each picture for full instructions for Scout Elves:
To create your own mini prehistoric place, start by filling a large round bowl with rocks. Decorate with plastic succulents, mini dinosaur figurines, moss and any other plants and décor, and have a roaring good time while assembling!
Making a teeny tiny North Pole requires lots of fake snow (check your local craft store), as well as plenty of red-and-white décor (the Scout Elves used small candy canes and peppermints). Petite pine trees, a plastic walkway and a Scout Elf figurine make the scene truly jolly. As a finishing touch, attach mini white pom-poms to fishing line using glue dots and hang as a pint-sized garland.
Make your infinitesimal forest come to life by using real plants buried in soil (helpful hint: place rocks at the bottom of the bowl to make watering a breeze). For their garden, the Scout elves turned everyday items into pieces of décor, including small snails made from modeling clay and marbles and corks turned into toadstools with a little paint. Perfect finishing touches include bitsy butterflies and gardening tools, available at most craft stores.
In the mood for crafting? See what other projects strike your fancy in Scout Elf Craft Corner!
Please remember that when attempting the craft included in this post children should always be supervised by an adult. When using crafting supplies or products, always read manufacturer’s instructions and warnings.