Knock knock. Who’s there? It’s your Scout Elf, with some super amusing antics sure to make you smile! These ideas show off your elf’s playfulness and their flair for the funny. Check out the photos below, and laugh along as your elf produces some ideas that will totally tickle your funny bone!
Click each picture for full instructions for your Scout Elf.
- Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts: Scout Elf Sleigh, Good Tidings Gift Boxes, beard prop
- Elf Pets® Reindeer
- Your elf will assemble the Scout Elf Sleigh and Good Tidings Gift Boxes from Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts, and set them beside each other.
- Then, your elf will hook their sleigh to the Elf Pets® Reindeer.
- After, your elf will put on the beard prop from Scout Elves at Play® Paper Crafts.
- Finally, your elf will hop inside to go for a sleigh ride!
Get Me Out of Here!
- Picture frame
- Copier or camera
- Color printer
- To create this silly suprise, your elf will use a copier to scan theirself. Helpful hint for elves: You could also press yourself up against a window and take a picture if a copier is unavailable.
- Then, your elf will cut out the image and put it in one of your picture frames.
- They will sit nearby to watch you discover their funny photo!
Freshest OJ Around
- Silly Straws
- To get a sip of the freshest orange juice around, your Scout Elf will use a knife or other sharp object to puncture the skin of the orange.
- Then, your elf will carefully slide a silly straw in the hole to get to the yummy juice in the middle of the orange, and take a sip!
- Wrapped bubblegum pieces
- Pink balloon
- To showcase their super-size talent, blowing a bubble that's more than half their size, your elf will pull out a few bubblegum pieces for practice.
- Then, they will find a place to sit, and blow a big bubble using the pink balloon.
Pin the Nose on the Snowman
- Painter's tape
- Orange construction paper
- Scout Elves at Play® Tools: Holiday Harness and Merry Message Cube
- It’s time for the pin the nose...on the snowman! Your Scout Elf will create a funny variation of a favorite party game by drawing a picture of a snowman without a nose.
- Using painter's tape, they will attach the picture to the wall.
- Using orange construction paper, they will cut out mini carrots.
- Then, with a piece of cloth, they will tie a small blindfold around their eyes.
- After, they will secure themselves to a wall using the Holiday Harness from the Scout Elves at Play® kit. Helpful hint for elves: The Holiday Harness works best on slick surfaces such as glass and tile.
- Finally, holding onto a carrot, they will try to pin the nose on the snowman!
- Red pom-poms
- To show off their love of playing jokes and dressing up at the North Pole, your elf will tape small red pom-poms to one of your family photos.
- Then, they will wear their own clown nose and sit by to watch you find their silly surprise!
- Dry-erase markers
- Scout Elves are always looking for a way to put a smile on your face…sometimes literally! To pull off this artsy prank, your Scout Elf will gather some dry erase markers, and draw a funny picture on the mirror in your bathroom—like reindeer antlers and a ruby red nose or an elf hat and collar!
- Finally, your elf will write a fun message asking you to check out your new reflection!
- Mini marshmallows
- That long return flight from the North Pole sure made your Scout Elf tired! For their first order of business in your home, your elf will gather mini marshmallows to set up a place to regain energy.
- Next, your elf will place the marshmallows in a bowl.
- Finally, your elf will climb inside, and write a note to let you know that they’re “marsh-mellowing” out!
- Popcorn bucket
- White paper
- Red construction paper
- Blue construction paper
- Lights, camera, naptime! Your Scout Elf will set up the perfect movie night, but before they know it, they will fall asleep right in the popcorn bucket! To complete this silly cinema snooze scene, your elf will make their own 3D glasses by cutting a small pair of shades out of white paper and taping one rectangle of blue construction paper over one eye piece and one red paper rectangle over the other eye piece.
- Then, they will tip over the bucket of popcorn.
- Finally, they will crawl inside to take a snooze with the remote nearby.
Before you or your elf get to work recreating any of these inspirational photos, be sure to read these safety warnings. Santa wants to make sure everyone stays safe!