There is no sweet treat that can’t be made a little better with candy canes! Try this delicious and simple twist on the classic ice cream sandwich. An Elf on the Shelf® favorite!
It’s summertime and the elves miss their hot cocoa! So, Mrs. Claus cooked up this special recipe.
- Ice Cream (vanilla or chocolate, slightly softened)
- Chocolate Cookies (store bought or homemade)
- Small toppings on your choice - the elves love crushed peppermints, marshmallows, sprinkles, chocolate chips and peanuts
- A freezer
- Stir ice cream in a large bowl until smooth
- Place ice cream in the freezer for 15-20 minutes or until it is firm enough to hold its shape again
- Spoon a large dollop of ice cream onto the flat side of one cookie
- Cover the top of the ice cream with a second cookie, making a sandwich
- Roll the edges of the ice cream sandwhich in your favorite toppings
- Freeze until firm or enjoy right away!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.