Make your Independence Day celebration really POP this year with a fired-up version of chocolate covered pretzels! These white chocolate-dipped confections are coated in carbonated candy that pops in your mouth to give them their signature firecracker fizz, making them the perfect festive dish for decorating a picnic spread and entertaining little ones at the same time!
- Large pretzel sticks (1 bag)
- White melting chocolate (3 bars)
- Carbonated popping candy (8-10 packets)
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Red and blue candy melts (optional)
- Wax paper
- Baking sheet
- In a microwave-safe bowl, MELT the bars of white baking chocolate in the microwave, according to the package instructions. (Helpful hint: be sure to stop and stir every 30–45 seconds to avoid lumpy or burned chocolate!)
- DIP/ROLL one end of a pretzel stick in the melted white chocolate, coating as much of the stick as you’d like. Move onto the next step quickly before the chocolate dries! (Helpful hint: you may want to create your pretzel sticks in batches of five or six at a time.)
- It's DECORATING TIME! Use the popping candy, sprinkles and candy melts to create fun designs on each pretzel stick. The melted chocolate will act as the “glue” that holds your décor in place. (Helpful hint: we created two kinds of sticks: ones rolled in popping candy and sprinkles and another batch rolled in popping candy and drizzled with the candy melts.)
- LAY the decorated pretzel sticks on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and place them in the fridge to set for 15-30 minutes.
- REPEAT steps 2 through 4 until your supplies run out, or you’ve made as many pretzel sticks as you’d like.
- ENJOY your festive firecracker treat with family and friends!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.