Do you remember waiting up until your little eyes couldn’t take it anymore just for the chance to hear sleigh bells? Or how about staring out the window on Christmas Eve to catch a glimpse of Santa’s sleigh as it crossed over the moon? Christmas Eve is magical. It only comes once a year, but we dream about it all year long—oftentimes regardless of age. Now imagine that you got the chance to actually help Santa’s sleigh fly!
The book Elf Pets®: A Reindeer Tradition explains that Santa’s sleigh flies because of “the hope of each child who believes in their heart in the magic of Christmas.” So, Santa sends a reindeer with a little heart charm to store up the hope and love that is overflowing in the hearts of a children. This Christmas, gather your family and use these five unique ideas to help build the Christmas spirit Santa will need to fly his sleigh. After all, spending time with family is the best way to capture the spirit of the season in your heart as well!
Enjoy Bedtime Snuggles
When it’s time to put your little one to bed, send your son or daughter to Snoozetown by cuddling up next to them for a storybook reading, topped off with a great a big hug! Your Elf Pets® Reindeer loves bedtime snuggles, too. After you tuck your children and their reindeer in tight, the reindeer’s heart is sure to be overflowing with love by daylight!
Create Cool Cones
Vanilla, chocolate, Rocky Road—reindeer, elves and kids alike can never have too much ice cream! Gather the ingredients below to make a special treat to share. The sweetest part will be spending time with your little ones to create something special and fun together.
- Sugar cones
- Chocolate chips or icing
- Candy truffles
- Zipper storage bag
- Cut off the bottom 2 ¼” of a normal-sized sugar cone.
- In a small bowl, melt about 2 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
- Spread the melted chocolate onto the bottom of a round candy truffle and places the truffle on top of the piece of sugar cone.
To create the chocolate topping, repeat step two. This time, the melted chocolate is transferred into a zipper storage bag.
- To create a makeshift piping bag, cut a corner off of the zipper storage bag and begin drizzling the chocolate on top of the truffle. Sprinkles are the perfect topping for this mini treat!
Heat up the griddle! It’s time to make a tasty breakfast that will tickle your little one’s taste buds and pay homage to their favorite new reindeer friend. Follow the instructions below to create your own scrumptious stack of flapjacks! Your reindeer will feel flattered to not only be a part of the cooking, but the focus of it, too!
- Pancake Batter
- Bacon (cooked)
- Make one normal-sized pancake and one that is half the size of your first pancake. Dribble two spots of batter on the griddle in long spherical shapes to create small reindeer ears.
- Take a large marshmallow and cut off two slices to create the whites of the reindeer’s eyes
- Using the picture shown, use the bacon, pancakes, blueberries and marshmallows to assemble the face of a reindeer
Dig in—and don’t forget to cut your reindeer off a nice syrupy piece!
Teach your child your signature cookie recipe and use it to create a fun new treat! Follow the instructions below to make these adorable reindeer cookies. Don’t leave your reindeer out! Leftover cookies can be crumbled up to make reindeer food for your family’s newest addition—hint: they actually like the burned cookies, too!
- Cookie batter of your choice
- Candy coated chocolates
- Chocolate malt balls
- Bake cookies using the batter you and your child made.
- While the cookies are still warm (but not too hot), gently press the pretzels and candy coated chocolates and malt balls into the cookie as shown in the picture, creating a reindeer!
Play Reindeer Games
Whether you invite friends over to play so the kids can race their reindeer, or you pull out an old card game, be sure to pull your Elf Pets®: Reindeer near. Laughing is a great way to prove Christmas Spirit is alive and well!
Haven’t adopted a reindeer yet? Help Santa’s sleigh stay powered up by bringing home one of his special Elf Pets® Reindeer, available now as part of the Elf Pets®: A Reindeer Tradition box set!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.