Another joyous season has drawn to a close and so has your time with your family’s beloved Scout Elf. After a whole month filled with joy, sweets, family time and fun with your elf, your little ones may be sad to see their seasonal visitor go and wonder why elves must return to the North Pole. To help answer that question, check out this list of some of the most common reasons that Santa needs his Scout Elves back at the North Pole! Read the reasons to your little ones to excite them about all the special duties their friend is doing just for Santa.
- They have to answer letters! Year round, Santa’s mailroom grotto is a buzz with letters and messages from kids all over the world, and Santa counts on his Scout Elves to help organize, sort and even respond to some of the special notes. Although their elf may be gone, you little ones can message their elf as often as they’d like! Visit Santa's virtual mail room.
- Your elf may be a part of a special North Pole project. The North Pole is always undergoing upgrades, and Santa needs all hands on deck to bring things like his marshmallow igloos for elves up to par.
- Elves must undergo the latest and greatest training. Part of a Scout Elf’s job is to watch and listen during the holiday season to report back to Santa. To do that, elves must stay up-to-date on the newest tips and tricks for scouting, and they have to prepare to pass Scout Elf Training Camp!
- Santa’s reindeer need tending to! After their long trip around the world, Santa’s reindeer need lots of rest and relaxation. Some Elf Pets® Reindeer may return to their families after this flight, but others return to the North Pole. The Scout Elves are able to lend a hand in the stables to care for the reindeer who live at the North Pole all year!
- Elves love to spend time with their friends. Just like you and your friends, elves love to talk and spend time together, and they have plenty of news to report to one another after their fun-filled seasons!
The Scout Elves can also often be found tinkering with new recipes and crafts they know their families will love creating throughout the year! You can find all their favorite recipes and crafts they are able to share in Mrs. Claus' Sweet Treats and Scout Elf Craft Corner.