When Your Scout Elf flies to the North Pole and returns to the same spot, it might prompt little ones to believe their elf didn’t move at all. But that’s certainly not the case! There are many reasons your elf chooses the same spot after returning from the North Pole, and we’ve compiled a list of those reasons so you can help children understand why your elf may land in the same spot in your home the very next day!
Top Reasons Your Elf is in the Same Spot
- They have a favorite spot in your home. When your Scout Elf flies back from the North Pole and lands in the same spot, chances are it’s their favorite place to sit in your home. Just like you have a favorite spot on the couch, your elf has favorite spots, too!
- The spot has a great vantage point. When your Scout Elf was watching you yesterday, they couldn’t believe what a great view they had! That’s why they decided they needed another day to see you from this perfect vantage point.
- They wanted another day to see you do their favorite activity. Is your elf sitting in the kitchen again? That’s because they love baking and they hope you’ll make a batch of cookies! If they’re in the living room, your Scout Elf may be hoping to watch their favorite Christmas movie with you. Whatever room they’re in, think of a fun family activity your elf may be waiting to see!
- Santa gave them a special duty at the North Pole, and they didn’t have time to create a new spot. When your Scout Elf returned to the North Pole, Santa needed them to complete a special task before departing for your home. So even though your elf had a brilliant idea planned, they decided they had just enough time to return to their awesome hiding spot from the prior day.
- They’re working on surprising you with something very special the next day.To create a fantastic surprise they dreamed up, your elf needed a little more planning time. As you slept, your Scout Elf got most of the surprise planned, but they need just one more day to make their terrific idea come to life!
- Your Scout Elf is trying to trick you! Bet you didn’t think your elf would show up in the very same spot—that’s why they picked it: to make you do a double take! After searching the house for your elf’s new spot, they just knew you’d smile to see them hiding in a familiar spot!
- They ate too many cookies at the North Pole. Mrs. Claus was just finishing a big batch of cookies when your Scout Elf arrived at the North Pole, and they happened to be your elf’s favorite kind! After indulging in the super sweet treat, your elf had just enough energy to use their sugar rush to fly back to your home. After that, they needed to take a rest in their pre-selected spot.
- Your Scout Elf forgot their spot from yesterday! With so many things to remember to tell Santa, your elf got back to your home only to realize that they forgot all the spots they’ve chosen this season. That’s why they accidentally ended up in a place they’ve already been!
- They heard someone and quickly picked a spot. Your Scout Elf was just looking around the find the perfect spot when they heard someone nearby grabbing a glass of water! They happened to be right near their spot from yesterday, so they quickly got into position to avoid being seen.
- They did move—take a closer look! It may appear as though your elf is in the exact same spot, but look closely: it looks like they’re sitting differently than yesterday! Perhaps they're testing your observation skills.
- Someone touched your elf. If your elf didn’t move, they may be trying to communicate an important message to you! If your elf is accidentally touched, they may have just enough energy to get to the North Pole, but not enough magic to create a whole new scene in your home. It’s easy to help your Scout Elf get their magic back, just read these ideas!
Want the answers to some of your burning questions about Scout Elves? Check out our North Pole Knowledge section to find out everything you need to know!