Is Halloween creeping up on you? If you’re looking for a quick, original Halloween costume for your kids, the Scout Elves have you covered! We’re sure your little one would love to dress up as your family’s favorite North Pole visitor this Hallow’s Eve. Just follow the DIY instructions below to create an award-worthy official Scout Elf costume in no time. Happy trick-or-treating, friends!
- ½ yard of white felt
- Elf collar pattern
- Fabric glue
- Adhesive hook and loop fasteners
- Red pants and shirt of your choice
- Santa hat
- White gloves
- FOLD the piece of white felt in half, and place the pattern piece on top of it, making sure that “SIDE A” is on the felt’s fold. Cut out the felt in the shape of the pattern.
- REPEAT step one so that you have two pieces that look like this:
- Using fabric glue, ATTACH one side of the two pieces together, as displayed in the diagram shown below step four.
- PLACE the adhesive hook and loop fasteners on the other side. Check out the diagram below to make sure you get the placement of the hook and loop fasteners just right! One of the fastener pieces should be on the underside of one piece of the felt, and the other fastener should be on the top of the other piece of felt.
- WEAR a red shirt, pants, Santa hat, white gloves and the crafty collar you created to complete this authentic Scout Elf look!
Looking for more Halloween fun? Build your own Spooky Gingerbread House!
Please remember that when attempting the craft included in this post children should always be supervised by an adult. When using crafting supplies or products, always read manufacturer’s instructions and warnings.