When Scout Elves and their Elf Pets® Reindeer put their heads together, there’s no limit to the great ideas they can come up with! Check out the pictures below to see the adventures that are possible when elves and reindeer work together to impress their families!
Want your own Elf Pets Reindeer? Adopt one here!
Make the most of your Elf Pets® Reindeer’s visit to your home by browsing the Reindeer Inspiration gallery, full of ideas for incorporating your furry friend into your family’s favorite holiday activities!
Let’s Take a Shelfie!
While posing in front of festive decorations in your home, your Scout Elf and Elf Pets® Reindeer will capture the magic of the moment by taking a selfie—or a “shelfie” as they’re known at the North Pole! After propping the camera up, your Scout Elf will take the pic!
- Pipe cleaners
- Your Scout Elf will create a set of festive-colored “ear-resistible” earmuffs by cutting off a piece of pipe cleaner that is about 5 inches long.
- Next, your elf will put a small dot of glue on each end of the pipe cleaner and attach a mini pom-pom onto each side.
- After applying pressure to ensure that the pom-poms adhere to the pipe cleaner, your elf will bend the pipe cleaner into a semi-circle and position the pom-poms over his or her ears to show off these toasty new arctic accessories!
North Pole Rescue
- Fusilli pasta (6 lbs.)
- Vinegar (3 tbsp.)
- Blue food coloring (60 drops)
- A pot
- Plastic storage bag
- Plastic wrap
- Bubble wrap
- Small powdered donut
- Red yarn
- Your elf will use a large pot to cook the noodles, cooking them a few minutes less than the packaging suggests. Your elf will combine the partially cooked noodles—2 pounds at a time—with the tbsp. of vinegar and 20 drops of blue food coloring to create some gnarly waves!
- The elf will allow the noodles to sit for 10–15 minutes to absorb all the blue dye. Then the elf will drain the noodles completely. Once all the water has been drained the Scout Elf will store them in a large plastic storage bag overnight or for several hours. Your elf will want the noodles to remain moist and pliable, but not wet. Your elf repeats steps one and two until all 6 pounds of noodles have been cooked and dyed.
- Since elves are considerate and try to stay on the nice list themselves, they will be careful not to stain your sink, by lining it with plastic wrap. Then, by using bubble wrap, they will fill the bottom of the sink. The elves will only need a couple of inches of noodles to create the waves!
- Using red yarn, your elf will make the powdered donut look like a life preserver by winding it around the donut, leaving a long piece of string so that they can be pulled ashore by your Elf Pets® Reindeer!
All Wrapped Up
Your Scout Elf will help your Elf Pets® Reindeer look ready for the season by wrapping him or her up in festive ribbons with fun prints! The more colors, the better!
- Red felt
- White felt
- Fabric glue
Leave out the materials above and your elf will:
- Lay a piece of red felt flat and cut out a piece that is 6 inches by 3 ½ inches.
- Take the left side of the red felt and fold it in half along the longer, 6-inch side. Now, the felt should be open on the right side, and folded on the left side. Keep the fabric folded in half.
- Start at the lower left-hand side of the fabric and cut along the bottom edge in a slightly curved line to the other side of the fabric, keeping as much material intact as possible. This will round out the whole bottom edge of the fabric.
- Cut a straight diagonal line from the upper left hand corner to the lower right hand corner.
- Unfold the felt to reveal a triangular shape with a slightly rounded bottom.
- Starting at the top of the hat, use fabric glue to glue the felt together into a cone-shaped hat. Set aside to dry.
- Use scissors to cut a piece of white felt that is 6 ½ inches long and ¾ of an inch tall. Wrap the white felt around the bottom of the red hat to create the hat’s white trim. Glue into place.
- Once the hat is complete, your elf will put the felt elf hat over one of the reindeer’s antlers so they can rock some new headgear!
Before you or your elf get to work recreating any of these inspirational photos, be sure to read these safety warnings. Santa wants to make sure everyone stays safe!