The Scout Elves are taking time to say olé! at the North Pole as they cook up a popular and traditional Mexican food: the taco! Of course the Scout Elves had to put their own sweet spin on this tasty tortilla-wrapped dish by swapping the meat, veggies and salsa for ice cream, fruit and chocolate—holy guacamole!
- 6 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
- Butter spray
- Ice cream
- Chopped fresh fruit
- Baking chocolate (1 bar)
- Whipped cream
Makes 8 tacos
- PREHEAT oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.
- MIX cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl.
- While the oven is preheating, SPRAY each flour tortilla with butter spray and coat both sides of the tortilla in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. (Helpful hint: use a spoon to sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar on top of each tortilla.)
- PLACE each tortilla, folded in half, on a tinfoil lined baking sheet. Place a thick piece of tinfoil between each tortilla to help the taco shells keep their shape.
- BAKE tortillas for 15–20 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the tortillas are cooling, MELT 1 bar of baking chocolate in the microwave, according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Place ice cream in each shell and TOP with the chopped fresh fruit and whipped cream.
- Use a spoon to DRIZZLE chocolate sauce on top of each taco and enjoy!
Want more scrumptious sweets? See what else is cooking in Mrs. Claus’ Sweet Treats!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.