The Scout Elves love hot cocoa so much they’ve experimented with every possible way to enjoy it, no matter the occasion—or the weather! This month, they’re sharing a recipe that packs all the flavor of hot cocoa into a treat that’s perfect to enjoy amidst the summer heat. Reach for a big scoop of this refreshing homemade hot cocoa ice cream, and chill out!
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 hot cocoa packets
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (and a handful for garnish)
- Mixer with a whisk attachment
- Large bowl
- 9" x 5" loaf pan
- Using a mixer with a whisk attachment, BEAT the heavy cream until fluffy. Helpful hint: You can tell the cream is ready when stiff peaks begin to form.
- POUR the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, hot cocoa packets and cup of mini marshmallows into the cream, and fold everything together using a spatula.
- TRANSFER the mixture to a 9" x 5" loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula.
- SPRINKLE additional marshmallows on top as a garnish, and freeze for about 5 hours.
- GET a big scoop of hot cocoa ice cream!
Find more recipes for summertime treats!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.