Keep kids entertained this Christmas break with delicious Christmas dessert recipes straight from Mrs. Claus’ Sweet Shop™! These simple sweet treats have a touch of craftiness that will let kids use their imagination to create the perfect snacks for movie night, to give to friends or to add to the Christmas Eve spread!
Hot Cocoa Snowmen
- Pretzel sticks
- Candy corn
- Chocolate icing
- Precision knife (for adult use only)
A cup of hot cocoa isn’t complete with some marshmallows on top! To make your next cup of hot chocolate extra special, follow this recipe for adorable cocoa toppers.
- Using toothpicks, connect three marshmallows together.
- Stick pretzel sticks into the marshmallows to create arms and legs for your snowman.
- Use chocolate icing to create buttons and a face.
- (This step requires adult supervision.) Cut a small hole in the middle of the snowman’s face with a precision knife, and stick the candy corn nose into the hole so it stays in place.
- Place your creation atop a fresh cup of hot cocoa!
Strawberry Santa Hats
- Mini brownies
- White icing or whipped cream
The Scout Elves are Santa’s biggest fans, and your Scout Elf has created a tasty treat to pay homage to the big man in red! After cutting off the tops of the strawberries, your Scout Elf will:
- Use icing or whipped cream to attach the strawberry to the top of a mini brownie.
- Squeeze a dollop of icing or whipped cream to the top of the strawberry.
- Holding steady with the Holiday Harness, your elf will dangle the Peppermint Grappling Hook by some Candy Cane Cable to reach for this sweet treat! (Helpful hint: the Holiday Harness works best on smooth surfaces, like mirrors or tile!)
Helpful hint: the Scout Elf shown with these Strawberry Santa Hats is using the Peppermint Grappling Hook, Candy Cane Cable and Holiday Harness from Scout Elves at Play®. Learn more here!
- Cone-shaped bags
- Hot cocoa mix
- Mini marshmallows
- Googly eyes
- Red pom-poms
- Rubber bands
- Brown pipe cleaners
- White heat-safe mugs
- Oil-based permanent paint pens
- Use paint pens to draw fun faces and designs on mugs for each of your family members.
- Put the mugs in the oven and turn it on to 350 degrees (make sure not to preheat the oven).
- Bake the mugs for 30 minutes and then turn the oven off, leaving the mugs inside to cool for a couple of hours.
- As the mugs are cooling, start on the hot cocoa cones.
- First, fill each bag about halfway with hot cocoa mix, and top it off with a handful of mini marshmallows.
- Close the bag with a rubber band, and wrap one long brown pipe cleaner around the rubber band, letting the pipe cleaner stick out horizontally.
- Cut one brown pipe cleaner to create two, inch-long pieces of pipe cleaner to wrap around the ends of each long pipe cleaner, creating antlers.
- Use glue to attach googly eyes and pom-poms to the front of each hot cocoa cone, so that they look like reindeer.
- After the mugs have cooled, set them on the counter and put one hot cocoa cone in each of them.
Want your very own reindeer pet? Learn about the Elf Pets® Reindeer here!
Marshmallow Treat Box
- Crisped rice cereal
- Wax Paper
- White Icing
- Chocolate-coated candies
- Make a batch of marshmallow squares according to the crisped rice cereal package instructions.
- After mixing the marshmallow squares together, press the mixture onto a cookie sheet until it’s approximately ¾ inches thick.
- After the mixture cools, cut the entire batch into equal-sized squares (approximately 2 ½ inches by 2 ½ inches).
- Use white icing to “glue” five squares together into a box shape with no top, and fill it with candy-coated chocolates.
- Place the last marshmallow square on top of each box.
- Finally, to make each box as pretty as a present, use icing, candies and sprinkles to create “ribbon” and use licorice and icing to place a “bow” atop each present!
Want your very own reindeer pet, like the one seen here? Learn about the Elf Pets® Reindeer here!
- White frosting
- Chocolate icing
- Small oval-shaped cookies
- Candy eyeballs (available at most craft stores)
- Brown candy-coated chocolates
- Pink chewing gum
- Frustum-shaped milk chocolates
- Yellow gumdrops
- Red ribbon
- There’s only one thing better than cupcakes—pupcakes made to look like the Elf Pets® Saint Bernard! Craft these special treats by frosting the tops of a batch of cupcakes with white frosting.
- Use chocolate icing to create two identical oval-shaped spots on the cupcakes, leaving a white strip in between.
- Stick two oval-shaped cookies on each iced spot to make the pup’s “ears.”
- Place two of the candy eyeballs on the edge of the spots a little more than halfway up the cupcake.
- Just below the eyes, place a brown candy-coated chocolate as a “nose.”
- Use the chocolate icing to draw a mouth that connects to the nose and curves out on both sides.
- At the spot where the “mouth” curves outward, place a bubblegum “tongue,” made by flattening sticks of pink bubble gum and using as precision knife to cut small oval-shaped tongues that have one flat side.
- To create the Saint Bernard pup’s barrel, use chocolate icing to connect the two larger sides of two frustum-shaped milk chocolates (bucket-shaped chocolate treats with caramel in the center).
- To create the barrel’s heart charm, flatten a yellow gumdrop and cut small heart shapes using the precision knife.
- After connecting the heart charm to the barrel using chocolate icing, attach the entire barrel to the cupcake using toothpicks.
- Tie a red ribbon around the base of the cupcake as the Saint Bernard’s collar, and get ready to “woof” down some cupcakes!
Adopt your own Elf Pets® Saint Bernard here!
- Frustum-shaped milk chocolates
- Mini pretzels
- Mini candy-coated chocolates
- Candy eyeballs
- To create a yummy treat that looks just like the Elf Pets® Reindeer, start by breaking mini pretzels in half to form “antlers.”
- Next, place a frustum-shaped milk chocolate (a bucket-shaped chocolate treat with caramel in the center) on top of a mini pretzel and place it in a 250-degree oven for 3 minutes to melt the chocolate slightly.
- While the chocolate is still soft, stick two candy eyeballs and a mini candy-coated chocolate “nose” onto the treat.
Adopt your own Elf Pets® Reindeer here!
Looking for more delicious treats? Get more sweet treat recipes from Mrs. Claus!
These recipes may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.