No limits exist to a Scout Elf’s creativity—especially in the kitchen! While tinkering with ingredients in Mrs. Claus’ Sweet Shop, the Scout Elves discovered that there are endless ways to recreate one of their favorite cold weather treats: hot chocolate. Read on to see how the elves easily captured the flavors of hot cocoa in a moist mug cake that can be zapped to perfection in the microwave. You’ll just need a few ingredients and a microwave to whip up your own easy cocoa cup cake!
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon hot cocoa mix
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Whipped cream
- 12 oz. mug
- In a microwave safe mug, MIX together all dry ingredients.
- Add in each liquid ingredient, one by one, and WHISK the mixture with a fork until the batter is smooth.
- STIR in chocolate chips.
- MICROWAVE for 90 seconds (until a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean).
- Garnish with marshmallows and whipped cream and ENJOY!
Looking for more ways to satisfy your sweet tooth? See more of Mrs. Claus’ Sweet Treats.
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.