‘Tis the season to be jolly, and we have several ways that even Santa’s youngest believers can enjoy all of the fun Christmas festivities! Little ones may still be learning about Santa, but there are plenty of decorations and family activities that toddlers can join in on to be a part of your family’s Christmas traditions. Engage toddlers this Christmas with our ideas for creating family fun that will get little ones excited about the holidays, too!
- Let your toddler decorate the bottom of the tree. Hand over the unbreakable ornaments and let little ones take a turn at decking the tree with sparkly and shiny ornaments and other child-safe decorations.
- Decorate sugar cookies together. Provide different colors of icings and sprinkles and create a cookie work station on a wax-paper lined table. The only thing more fun than watching your tot decorate a cookie is seeing them enjoy it afterwards!
- Read The Elf on the Shelf® Board Book Library to introduce the joy of the season to your 0–3 year olds. This trio of brand new books uses fun sounds and clever rhymes to introduce small children to the cast of characters that Christmas brings: Santa, his Scout Elves, and his Elf Pets® Reindeer! The Tillywig Toy & Media Awards calls this set, “…perfectly suited to the eyes and ears of young readers.”
More about The Elf on the Shelf® Board Book Library:
Each set comes with three board books (also sold separately)
- Ho-Ho-Ho It’s Your Elf! – Introduces Santa’s youngest fans to his trusty Scout Elf helpers through the use of lively rhymes and vivid sounds.
- Click-Clack It’s Your Reindeer! Acquaints little ones with Santa, his Elf Pets® Reindeer and the Christmas spirit needed for the sleigh to fly on Christmas Eve.
- Yippee It’s Your Birthday! Explains the special way Santa’s Scout Elves celebrate birthdays year round!
The Elf on the Shelf Board Book Library is the perfect Christmas gift or stocking stuffer for any infant or toddler you may be celebrating the holidays with. To find out where you can pick up a Board Book Library near you, find a nearby Adoption Center. (please be sure to contact your local retailer in advance to ensure item availability).
Don’t forget—the Scout Elves are returning soon! See how else you can get ready for Scout Elf Return Week™ here!