Celebrate the summer solstice, also known as the official first day of summer, with a refreshing treat you’ll want to make over and over, all summer long! The Scout Elves’ recipe combines sweet, tart berries with juice for a total treat to the taste buds! This frozen favorite is just the "berry" great treat you need for a very great summer!
- ½ cup strawberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup fruit juice of your choice
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar (optional)
- Ice pop molds or small plastic or paper cups
- Wooden craft sticks (only if using paper cups or if required for your ice pop molds)
- In a blender, MIX together the fruit (fresh or frozen will work) and a juice of your choosing. For our pops, we stuck with a berry-flavored juice to match the flavor profile of the berries, but feel free to get creative and add another flavor into the mix!
- For sweeter pops, ADD a tablespoon of honey or agave nectar to the blender. Skip this step if you want to let the fruits and juice speak for themselves.
- POUR your mixture into the ice pop molds or plastic cups. If your molds did not come with plastic sticks or holders, you will need to use the wooden sticks according to the directions on the mold.
If you’re using disposable cups instead of a mold, pour the mixture into the cups and cover each with saran wrap. Cut a small hole in the middle of the wrap to place the wooden stick through (the saran wrap will help to hold stick in place as your pops freeze).
- PLACE the pops in the freezer for 3–4 hours, making sure they’re good and frozen before trying to remove them from their molds.
- ENJOY your berry ice pops as a refreshing treat on a sweltering summer day!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.