Santa never misses the opportunity to play a lighthearted prank on April Fools’ Day, and this year he surprised the Scout Elves with this silly lollipop switcheroo! Help your friends or family members get their just desserts this April 1st by following the directions below to make broccoli pops just like jolly old St. Nick’s! They can easily be slipped into a little one’s lunchbox, or your child could even give them away to his or her friends as a deceivingly healthy treat—no fooling!
- 1 head of broccoli
- Plastic craft sticks or coffee stirrers (to use as lollipop sticks)
- Tissue paper
- WASH and then chop the head of broccoli into florets. Make sure each floret is approximately the same size as a lollipop.
- Take a plastic craft stick or coffee stirrer and PUSH it into the stem of the broccoli floret. Helpful hint: use the tip of a knife to get the hole started if the stick does not slide easily into the broccoli.
- CUT the tissue paper into squares that are approximately 5 inches long by 5 inches wide.
- Place the tissue paper over the top of the broccoli pop and GATHER together the excess paper at the lollipop stick. Twist the paper around the stick.
- TELL your kids you’ve made them a special surprise and wait for the giggles to start!
Looking for more easy and fun crafts? Check out the Scout Elf Craft Corner!
This recipe may contain ingredients that can cause allergic reactions in certain individuals. Before using our recipes, always check the ingredient list and food labels of all ingredients and be sure to seek advice from a qualified physician if needed.