Social Giveaway Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by entering this promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: CCA&B LLC, 3350 Riverwood Parkway SE, Ste. 300, Atlanta, GA 30339.
- This competition is open to residents of the United States ages 18 or over.
- This competition excludes employees of CCA&B LLC (the “Promoter”), their immediate families, it’s affiliated companies, distributors, agents or anyone else professionally connected to the Promotion.
- Internet access and Facebook account are required. No purchase necessary.
- Entries are limited to one per person. Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple Facebook accounts will be disqualified.
- Max one prize per person.
- The promotion is open from September 16, 2018 when the Facebook post announcing the Promotion is first posted, through September 30, 2018 at 11:19pm EST.
- Entrants must Like and comment on the Elf on the Shelf’s Facebook post announcing the Promotion.
- Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
- In order for their entries to be accepted, entrants must have a public Facebook profile. Private profiles that enter and cannot be seen cannot be accepted.
- Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Facebook. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to either platform.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could, be regarded as being disrespectful towards other members of the Facebook community, or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use on Facebook is subject to the terms and conditions located here: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/terms
- Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post -
a. contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
b. includes the names of any individual without their express permission; or
c. in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, causes any widespread or serious offense (taking into account prevailing community views or standards).
- By participating in the promotion, the entrants licence and grant the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Participants also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 16 years) has parental or guardian consent.
- Facebook and all other third parties listed are not participants in or sponsors of this promotion.
- No cash or other alternative prizes are available in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at the Promoter’s discretion.
- The prizes in whole or in part are non-transferable.
- Please allow up to 90 days for delivery of the prize although we will endeavour to send these out within 28 days of winning.
- Prize package will contain an "Elf Pets: Santa’s St. Bernard Pups Save Christmas" DVD, an Elf Pets Saint Bernard plush and book, and 3 Claus Couture Collection items.
- Approximate retail value of the prize package is $69.75.
- A random prize draw will be performed following the Promotion Period, and three winners will be selected.
- Winners will be notified via Direct Message on Facebook within 72 hours of the draw and will be required to provide personal information in order to fulfill prize.
- If the winners do not reply within 3 days of initial contact, the prize will then be offered to another winner who will be selected in the same manner.
- The Promoter is not responsible for the acts or default of third party suppliers, but will endeavour to resolve any issues that may arise.
- The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the competition or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 7 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise, where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering the promotion, all participants accept that they have no claim against Facebook. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Facebook.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promoter will only use the personal details supplied for the administration of the promotion and for no other purpose, unless we have your consent. Your personal details will at all times be kept confidential and in accordance with applicable privacy laws. You can request access to your personal data, or have any inaccuracies rectified, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here.